We LOVE to snack on roasted low sodium CHICK PEAS (garbanzo beans)! Nice and crunchy like nuts without all the calories. Our toaster oven makes roasting so easy, quick and energy efficient too.
[A spin off is that we always have aqua faba (brine from chick peas) on hand to use as a leavening agent in baked goods…it keeps well in the refrigerator for about a week or freeze extra.]
The process for roasting Chick Peas is simple:
- Just pre-heat your toaster oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or roast in your regular oven.
- Take a can of low sodium chick peas and save off the aqua faba (brine) to use as an ingredient in baked goods.
- Do not rinse the chick peas, place them in a single layer on the roasting tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on your favorite seasoning, we like garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning mid-way. That’s it!
Tom and Zipper had fun making this video…Zipper was hungry.
A downside is that they are so good that we gobble up the roasted Chick Peas in a hurry and have to made more! ENJOY!!